Monday, March 20, 2006

Snot...

Why didn't anyone warn me that having a child would mean that I would spend the entire winter struck down by one illness or another? Mr. P and I woke up yesterday, our heads filled with snot, our throats raw and our joints aching. Pumpkin seems to be a tad bit better, her nose at least has turned down the faucet of boogers, but I just want to crawl back into my warm bed with a bowl of chicken soup... I can't imagine how sick we would all be if Pumpkin went to daycare! She is around other kids once or twice a week for a few hours at playgroups, and I am sure she brought this cold home from the group we attended last Tuesday. If she went to daycare I am sure she would be bringing home something much worse - ebola, bird flu or such!

Now the question is, do I skip playgroup tomorrow (assuming I am a bit less icky) since we still have a bit of the cold? What is proper playgroup etiquette - colds can last for weeks - do I isolate us for the entire time to avoid doing this to some other poor family?

posted by Laura @ 8:13 AM   7 comments