Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Army crawl or wounded soldier?

I am absolutely giddy with sleep! I slept 11 whole hours last night, and my body is unsure of how to handle this much rest. I can not sit still, I feel like I have downed 4 grande double mocas! Ah, sleep, how I missed you...

In other non sleep related news, Pumpkin started to do the army crawl. To me it looks less like a solder crawling stealthily past the enemy unnoticed and more like a soldier seriously wounded dragging his crippled body to safety. I can not help but laugh as Pumpkin joyfully drags all 18lbs of her weight by one arm. I know I have been wanting her to do this for a while, and have even had those fleeting comparison moments of: "but Joey is crawling already!", however now that my daughter is able to get from point A to point B without any assistance from mama, I am regretting how much I longed for this milestone. Before I can even sit down and have one sip of coffee I have yelled "No!" across the room at least 10 times, rescued Pumpkin from under a dining room chair, saved the cat from certain death by drooling and detached my daughters claws from the speaker cables. This is only going to get worse huh?

posted by Laura @ 1:44 PM   5 comments