Saturday, January 28, 2006

Just as you were forgeting me....

Hey, were back!

Our short vacation was both refreshing and relaxing. Germany’s HoogSauerland region is absolutely stunning -snow covered fields and trees, beautiful mountain peaks and classically German houses. I could only imagine being as lucky as to wake up every morning and look out my window to such magnificence.

It was great to spend that time as a family, without the everyday distractions of life. No computer, no TV - well, none in a language I could understand - no laundry to be washed and folded, no house to clean, no phone calls, just the three of us enjoying the time together. I wish life could always be like that. I finished off 3 books, and am well into a 4th. I must spend more time like that in the evening, with a book in hand instead of the remote. Pumpkin did not enjoy the snow too much; she seriously lacks mobility in her snowsuit and is too small to be dragged around on a sled. But she loved the indoor swim center, and was moving about the pool in her float ring chasing after all the bigger kids. She may not be a snow bunny, but she sure is a little mermaid!

Now that I am back, and close to the bottom of the huge pile of laundry begging to be done, I need to start catching up on the blog-sphere. You all have been mighty busy while I have been gone. When ever will I find the time to read all your posts! Please forgive me if it takes me a while to get caught up.

You will hear from me again soon though. I have to post a photo to the Queen of Spain’s Order of Saint Anne competition. I am also working on gathering my thoughts about the “Dutch Code of Conduct” – otherwise known as the Language Police – suggested by Immigration and Integration Minister Rita Verdonk while I was away (Thanks Laura for the heads-up).

In the meantime, I leave you with a few photos to peruse. Mr. P and I just purchased ourselves a new portrait lens (Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 Macro Super II) for our Canon Digital Rebel and needless to say have been taking TONS of photos to break it in. Enjoy.







posted by Laura @ 6:39 PM   5 comments