Friday, December 30, 2005

First Snow

This morning we woke up to a world covered in a light dust of snow. While in the east and north of the country snow is a normal winter occurrence, we only get a few snow days a year here in the west, and usually they are not till after the new year. This December snow was a nice surprise. Growing up in the bay area I never looked out my window to see snow, and though as a child we visited a snow covered Yosemite in the winter, I actually never saw it snow till I went to Tahoe when I was 21. The beauty and peacefulness after a snowfall is therefore still a wonder to me.

So this morning I bundled Pumpkin up in her snowsuit which I purchased for our planned trip to the snow in January and went to take some photos in the early morning light. Here are some of my favorites.

Homes along a frozen canal.

Distant church tower.

Pumpkin's first snow.

First snow angel

What is all this white stuff?

Under closer examination

Still happy even after a cold faceplant

posted by Laura @ 9:44 AM   4 comments