Thursday, October 06, 2005

A Break in the Clouds

Pumpkin woke up from her nap an hour ago with the biggest grin on her face and a huge messy poop in her diaper. She always wakes up happy, chatting away to her mobile. I can not help but grin ear to ear. Even at 6:00am her smile cheers me right up. Then, heavens upon heavens, she finished her bottle. It was not without a fuss, some crying and lots of farting. But she FINISHED it, to the last drop in 20 minutes!!! Ah, the gods must have decided to cut me some slack

This was followed by a phone call from Mr. P. After going to every store in a walking radius of his work he found one store with the colic formula in stock! I have to say I love this man. He spent his lunch hour, the time he is supposed to shoot the shit with the guys and go looking at new electronic toys, searching store upon store for baby formula.

Then it reminded me of the SMS he sent me this morning:

Sweetheart, I love you so much. Lets get married! I will be a great husband,
but I might need some fine-tuning work. How about it?


We already got married, a year and a half ago on the beach in St Lucia. I would have killed him if he actually proposed to me over SMS. But the SMS was just so cute, and so him. I have tons of little messages from him like this saved on my phone, little reminders of just how lucky I really am.

Honey, I love you too. I know you are worried about me, but don’t be, every time I see you or Pumpkin the sun shines a bit more. You are the best husband, lover and friend any woman could ask for.

posted by Laura @ 3:17 PM   4 comments