Friday, August 12, 2005

Zzzzzzzz.....

I am now onto my 3rd cup of coffee today. Needless to say, this is not my normal coffee consumption. No, this is an “I’m so tired that I can barely keep my eyes open” coffee dosing.

Mr. P and I have been extremely lucky that Pumpkin has been sleeping through the night since she was 6 weeks old. This means that for the last 5 weeks we have been able to sleep a blessed 8 hours a night without interruption! Granted we are in bed at the early hour of 11:00pm (if not earlier) and up again at 7:00am even on weekends, but that is such a vast improvement to the every few hours we were woken at in the first 6 weeks. However it seems my body had been spoiled by this near return to normal sleep.

Last night Pumpkin woke at 4:30am. I am not sure why, perhaps it was the heavy rain storm, or loneliness, or just the need to mix things up again. Whatever the reason be, it meant that even though she did fall back to sleep (only to rise again at 6:00am) Mr. P and I were unable to fall back to sleep. That means, in place of the normal 8 hours sleep, I have had 5 ½. In the first weeks after Pumpkin was born I would have LOVED to get a strait 5 ½ hours of sleep. In fact the first time Pumpkin slept more than 4 hours I could have danced a jig had I had the energy I was so happy. Yet like I said, my body has now been spoiled by her sleeping through the night. So here I am, 3rd cup of coffee in hand trying to be grateful that I did get that much sleep, I mean we could still be doing night feedings. I am sure that as future payback for me complaining now, child #2 will not sleep a night through till well after his or her 2nd birthday.

posted by Laura @ 12:37 PM   0 comments